Saturday, November 9, 2013

Dawn of the First Day

Oof, you guys. I am exhausted.


It's Sunday here, which is strange because when I left it was Friday. Time zones are weird.


I'm in the hotel right now, waiting for training to start tomorrow, and so far, I love it here. I hate to sound like a giant nerd but the little things here are awesome. We rolled in at, like, 9:30 last night, and got our hotel rooms. It's so Asian here! When we first walked in we noticed the raised floor, complete with slippers for us to put on when we leave our shoes at the door. But! If we didn't wear the slippers, that's okay, because the floors are all heated. It's the strangest, most comfortable thing I've ever seen The only downside is I sort of left all the candy I'd bought for my students in my suitcase without thinking. So I hope they like amorphous chocolate blobs.

The hotel is in Gangnam - the Gangnam, yes - and today we spent some time wandering around it. But it gets better.

Ladies and gentlemen, I finally did it.



I finally went to a dog cafe.

It was everything I ever wanted. The dogs were adorable and made me miss Amber so much. I think i could get used to this Korea business.

My training starts tomorrow, and I'm super nervous. There's a medical exam in the afternoon and we all know how much I hate doctors. So I can't wait for that to be over. Also I looked on the roster list and I think I saw someone else heading to Jeonju...hopefully I'll meet them tomorrow!


I'm super tired and want to fiddle with my smart phone some more, plus I need to catch up on my NaNo. I've procrastinated a bit too much.

So far this is a lot of fun. It hasn't really sunk in yet that I'm in another country! Sometimes things seem so normal, just like back home, that I forget that I'm on the other side of the world. I suppose things could be a lot worse!

I think if I have time this week I might go back to the dog cafe and write. It's not that far away and I definitely like it there. But, of course I like it there, how couldn't I?




Till next time, you guys!



writerlust-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment