Monday, November 18, 2013

Settling In

It's been a tough four days of radio silence, but I finally have internet! I'm a little disappointed I broke 2k pageviews while I was gone, but hey, here's to 2000 more!

I passed training, obviously. Otherwise I'd be typing this from New York and probably a lot more drunk than I actually was Friday night. (Beer here seems weaker? At least, I can drink it, which is a good sign it's actually just water.)

So slowly but surely, I'm settling into my new home. 


That some place like this even exists in real life blows my mind. 


I'm actually off to teach my first class in about an hour or so - in something I wasn't even trained in. So needless to say, I'm a little terrified. But I sat in on classes yesterday and at the very least I've managed to convince myself that if I run out of things to say, the kids'll have plenty.

(Sidenote: to the boys yesterday who started slinging Harry Potter spells at each other, props on pulling out 'reducto' and not just settling on 'avada kedavra' like a bunch of plebs. I'm proud of you.)

I have a lot to say! I've been silent for almost four days and I hope I don't wait that long again...until then, I leave you with these words of wisdom: Never ignore the buy 2 get 1 deals on the canned coffee here. You're gonna drink three of them anyway and this crippling regret doesn't look good on anyone.

writerlust-signature

1 comment:

  1. Yay, you're back! Congrats on the 2K views... very cool! And your first class? Good luck! <3

    ReplyDelete